Monday, 17 January 2011 00:33
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 01:06
Milton Canada Day promotes waste reduction, reuse and recycle initiatives.
The Milton Canada Day Committee is committed to hosting an environmentally friendly event to minimize our environmental footprint possible. In order to achieve this goal, event organizers are developing an action plan to be implemented in stages over the next few years.
Green initiatives for 2012 include:
- Encouraging vendors to reduce packaging and use recyclable food and drink packaging.
- Vendors not permitted to use styrofoam.
- Set-up for recycling and organics.
- Increase waste diversion rate to 50%.
- Eco-friendly t-shirts for our volunteers.
Last year the Committee diverted 33% of wast from going to landfill through our recycling and organics programs! Please continue to help us with our "Going Green" efforts by:
- Come to the Milton Fairgrounds by walking, bicycling (bring your lock), carpooling or taking the Free Milton Transit Shuttle Service sponsored by Mattamy Homes.
- Follow the instructions on signs at each sorting station for placing garbage, organics and recycling in the proper containers, or ask one of our Green Team volunteers for assistance.
- Volunteer as a member of the Green Team
- Don't be a litterbug.
- View the Halton Region Blue Box Guidelines>
Blue box and green cart collection provided by:
For further information contact us.