Monday, 17 January 2011 00:33
Last Updated on Monday, 10 June 2013 20:08
Milton Canada Day promotes waste reduction, reuse and recycle initiatives.
The Milton Canada Day Committee is committed to hosting an environmentally friendly event to minimize our environmental footprint. In order to achieve this goal, event organizers are developing an action plan to be implemented in stages over the next few years.
Green initiatives for 2013 include:
- Requiring vendors to reduce packaging and use recyclable food and drink packaging.
- Vendors not permitted to use Styrofoam.
- Set-up for recycling and organics.
- Increasing waste diversion rate.
Please continue to help us with our "Going Green" efforts by:
- Come to the Milton Fairgrounds by walking, bicycling (bring your lock), carpooling or taking the Free Milton Transit Shuttle
- Follow the instructions on signs at each sorting station for placing garbage, organics and recyclin
- g in the proper containers, or ask one of our Green Team volunteers for assistance.
- Volunteer as a member of the Green Team
- Don't be a litterbug.
- View the Halton Region Blue Box Guidelines>
Blue box and green cart collection provided by:
For further information contact us.